Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Spring Break

Spring-Break

During my spring break I went to a seminar at Downtown LA where I got to meet new people from different schools; the first day I went I was really nervous because I didn't know anybody but once I started to talking to other people I felt welcomed. On Wednesday was the last day we were going to see each other (seminars) and we had to do a group project about a certain topic and my topic was about “Hate Crime”. My group and I needed to accomplish a lot of things throughout the day; we interviewed an expert based on that topic. I learned so much about that topic that I’m going to continue to research on it on the next seminar. As a group we went to Persian square at downtown LA and it was nice because that was the first time that I had gone there. During spring break I also learned to be more independent because I needed to go to the seminars all the way to Downtown LA, so I took the bus. I was scared at first but then I found a “partner bus” that also went to the seminars and lived in HP. I’m glad I got to experience that because not everyone gets the chance to do that. I also had the chance to spend time with my family we made carne asada on Sunday and it was a really nice Sunday. i also got the chance to read the book “The curious Incident of the dog at a night-time” it’s a really great book I really enjoyed reading I can now say that it is my favorite book(:. I also did homework, I had a lot of homework but I managed to finish it at time. I procrastinated but at the end I'm glad I finished.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment